Campaign's Course of Events
- 3/8: Dwarven miner Fyren begins mining expedition in Irondale.
- 18/8: Barovian troops assault Irondale.
- ?/10: Unnamed Dragonborn cleric enters Irondale.
- 3/10: Unnamed Dragonborn cleric departs Irondale.
- 7/10: Party is hired by Cromwell Loredrin to assault guards at Sunscale Manor. After the mission, assassins hired by The Aspis Consortium attempt to assassinate the party.
- 8/10: Party departs Valdora, Azarae Levias stays behind.
- 12/10: Party arrives in Irondale, enter and explore Focus Tower. Alysin Ichar is teleported to Sternwald and lost to the party.
- 13/10: The Wolf joins party. Party discovers basement of Irondale Manor where Barovian troops rest, and recruit Honey Badger. Barovian troops are killed, but London escapes.
- 14/10: Party assault castle where Hobgoblin troops are posted, later escaping. Arsene Dumein flees, and the party encounters The Physician and Theren Sadri, the latter who joins the party.
- 15/10: The party enter the mines, now joined by Azarae. At the end of the mines, they recruit London, slay a group of undead adventurers Gavriel, and gain the power of Babylon from the Devil’s Hand in the mine. They later fall into a coma.
- 21/10: The party awaken from their coma, and decide to head to Aerothyme. Azarae is briefly meets The Drifter, who claims to be a mesenger for The Aspis Consortium. They accept a request from Armir to investigate a disturbance on the second floor of the Focus Tower, and after a subsequent attack from the aberrant reincarnations of the undead adventurers, flee through a portal leading to The Far Realm.
- 22/10: The party encounter Vecna, and enter the custody of Eisande Levias. In Da’Ost, the Thri-Kreen begin to invade from the west. Barovian Empire begins annexation of Da’Ost, Captain Beefheart is killed by Da’Ostian patrol, who commandeer his airship and head towards the enigmatic Drow Fortress in Sternwald.
24/10: Azarae Levias is revealed to be a clone of Eisande Levias, and The Emperor’s Praetorian Lancaster is revealed to similarly be a clone.
25/10: The party comes face to face with Strahd von Zarovich, who is revealed to be Belros Tarot‘s brother. The Physician is established to have likely been killed, along with Vitas and Yesterday.
26/10: The party is forced into a colosseum-match against pit-champions of Aerothyme’s five families. In the midst of the battle, the party begins to utilize their Babylon powers, and a small army of Drow attack the colosseum, giving the party a chance to escape in the ensuing chaos. The leader of the Drow army, Doldal, joins up with allies Sharisad and Rhapsody and together they escape the city and teleport to the Drow fortress, joining up with Alysin Ichar, Arsene Dumein, London, Honey Badger, and the Da’Ostian patrol. They proceed to split into three teams, one to find the Minotaur Nilus somewhere in the Far Realm and return Alysin’s memories to him (Group A), the second to find and destroy The Mantis King, thereby destroying the central hivemind of the Thri-Kreen army (Group B), and the third to destroy Athon Forgecrusher, Libretto, and Morna and determine the identity of the necromancer who raised them (Group C).
27/10: Malleus Maleficarum arrives at Fortress of Alysin. Group A arrives in Sigil, and encounters The Drifter, who is revealed to be a shape-shifting aberration that is hunting the party down, as well as there being 72 ‘Drifters’ spread out across Sigil.
28/10: Party strikes a deal with Uncle of the Blades Family, to extricate an important individual of the organization from The Mazes of Sigil. After entering a Maze, they are ambushed by the aberrant adventurers they had previously encountered in Focus Tower. After dispatching the aberrants, the party encounters a female tiefling, who was the individual they sought, and the old mentor of Arsene. Talking to Arsene alone, she reveals that she had ‘bought’ him as part of The Game, and subsequently lost him to The Prince of Crows. Arsene utilizes his Babylon to create an exit from The Maze, and the party is told that one of the morgues in The Mortuary was a concealed portal to The Far Realm.
Group C arrives in the Dwarven undercity of Mount Anvil, and make their way to the central forge and the ruins of Athon Forgecrusher’s short-lived palace, where he is presumed to currently reside. The party encountered Athon in the ruins and did battle with him, eventually forcing him into a massive river of lava, and failing in his attempt to drag The Wolf down with him, he is destroyed completely.
1/11: Party encountered Eladrin in the establishment owned by Shelleg, who claims she had stolen sections from trees in The Feywild. The party decides to head to The Feywild to find Shelleg and protect her from the Eladrin nobles’ attempt to kill her. Alysin is accosted by a Drow soldier who revealed the Drow are planning to attack the surface in order to take advantage of the kingdoms’ perceived weakness in the midst of war. The party visits The Court of Scars in Sigil, and are commanded to bring the head of a red dragon by the head of The Court, who would inform them of a secret way to access The Feywild via The Beastlands in return. The party entered The Beastlands, only to find the undead corruption that had been plaguing the Material Plane had also spread in The Beastlands as well, and are accosted by recently resurrected undead.
2/11: Upon taking a rest, the party is met by Glaif DIamondson and Yesterday of the Ten Blades, who send them a truce; The Barovian Empire will stay out of the party’s way as long as the party stays out of The Barovian Empire’s way. Through the spell ‘Read Thoughts’ Sharisad discovers Strahd has obtained a set of armour and has become reclusive as of late, and the Thri-Kreen armies have a secret weapon. The party heads north and hunts down a dragon, turned into a volcanic abomination by a pair of Eladrin witches, bringing the head back to The Court of Scars. An altercation between the party and Alysin occurs, the latter reminding the party of the importance of his missing memory. The party eventually acquiesces and they head into the Far Realm. Their arrival is revealed to be a trap devised by The Sons of Liberty, as Nilus and the party are left trapped in a pocket of eternal void. Upon retrieving his memories, Alysin uncovers the nature of the world’s death as Nerull and now understands the entity’s plot for resurrection. In a fit of desperation, Azarae used his Babylon control over time to go back in time in order to find a way to free his comrades from their imprisonment.
Group B arrives in the battle-line between the approaching Mantis horde and the military forces led by Da’Ost. They are chosen to lead a negotiation party that will parlay with Sandspeaker Ch’Tak’Tha, part of a moderate faction of the Mantis horde that wishes to have peace, throwing the concept that all Thri-Kreen operate under a hivemind into dispute. Upon meeting with Ch’Tak’Tha, he reveals that he is a herald to The Black Mantis, the twin-brother to The Red Mantis (the Thri-Kreen title bestowed upon The Mantis King). Ch’Tak’Tha explains the relation between Nerull and The Mantis God as well as the importance of The Black Mantis with regards to the horde’s continued stability. Agreeing to work together in order to direct the mantis horde to the Barovian forces, the party return to report their findings to the Da’Ostian military and manage to negotiate a parlay between The Black Mantis and the high generals.
Group C arrives at The Golden Pagoda and makes their way through the trials. After besting an ambush by Blackfeather, who flees, they confront Libretto and kill her after throwing her from the top of the pagoda. A note left behind by Libretto points to an Akashic Point that presumably leads to The Lunar Citadel.
3/11: In Da’Ost, The Black Mantis is assassinated by Ishka and Valencia of The Sons of Liberty. Upon having the Chains of Ash removed, The Red Mantis transforms into The Mantis God and begins a swathe of unstoppable bloodshed and destruction westwards, where the preliminary rituals of Nerull’s resurrection are being presided over by Kell, Nerull’s Exarch, and the Barovian forces are gathering in great number.
- End of year: Large-scale destruction of The Central Continent is prophesied to occur.