Irondale is a small mining-town in Guildore founded as part of a Dwarven iron-rush in 1513, and abandoned for the most part soon after the iron dwindled in 1643. The journal of the Dwarven miner Fyren detailed the discovery of cold iron in the north of Irondale, and the subsequent discovery of The Devil’s Hand as they mined deep into the hill, and the assault of The Empire’s forces.
For unknown reasons, an unnamed Dragonborn cleric was reported to have travelled to Valdora directly from the town. As this information led to an attempted assassination attempt on the party’s lives, they travelled to Irondale to see if they could find any information regarding the Dragonborn’s intentions. They found the region to be patrolled by Hobgoblins, discovered the Focus Tower to the east of the town, and later ousted the Empire’s ‘red-cloak’ forces from the town itself.